[docs] [issue16399] argparse: append action with default list adds to list instead of overriding

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Sun Nov 4 06:07:01 CET 2012

R. David Murray added the comment:

This behavior is inherited from optparse.  I think it is more-or-less intentional, and in any case it is of long enough standing that I don't think we can change it.  We documented it for optparse in another issue, but I don't think we made the corresponding improvement to the argparse docs.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation
nosy: +bethard, docs at python, r.david.murray
versions: +Python 3.2, Python 3.3, Python 3.4