[docs] [issue16267] order of decorators @abstractmethod and @classmethod is significant (is not documented to be in @abstractclassmethod which advises their combined use)

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Mon Nov 12 03:53:16 CET 2012

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

It took me a while to get my brain back up to speed with the full rationale behind the current design (mostly by rereading the multitude of comment on #11610).

As Darren says, the main advantage of the current scheme is that the wrapper descriptors deliberately *don't* have any concept of abstract/non-abstract independent of the methods that make them up. So I think the main thing to do is change the documentation of the affected descriptors to be more explicit about the required order of the replacement decorators. Otherwise people are likely to map "abstractXmethod" to "@abstractmethod + @Xmethod" and write them in that order (which won't work).