[docs] Explanation of the term "cell" in Python reference missing or hard to find

Peter Funk pf at artcom-gmbh.de
Fri Nov 9 16:46:00 CET 2012

Hello,

while reading in the Python reference manual I stumbled about
this table entry:
  "__closure__ : None or a tuple of cells that contain bindings for
                 the function’s free variables."
  http://docs.python.org/3.2/reference/datamodel.html
This text block is inherited unchanged from Python 2 as in
  http://docs.python.org/2/reference/datamodel.html
In both cases this is first and only use of the term "cell" in
the whole data model chapter.  I believe the term cell can have
very different meanings in computer science (AFAIK: english
is not my native language) and should be better defined or
replaced by something else here.  Or not?

Regards, Peter Funk
P.S.: Please Cc: me since I'm currently not subscribed to the
docs mailing list.
--
Peter Funk, home: ✉Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee
mobile:+49-179-640-8878 phone:+49-421-20419-0 <http://www.artcom-gmbh.de/>