[docs] A Broken Link on Your Site About Geany and GTK

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydocs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 17:40:09 CET 2012

Hi Michelle,

First off, pythonexperts.com does not appear to be affiliated with
python.org or the Python Software Foundation.  The most up-to-date
Python documentation will always be found at docs.python.org and I
would encourage you to use that site for the best information.

Secondly, the documentation on the page you linked to is for Python
2.6, which is by now in security fix only mode.  The issue you raised
is already fixed in 2.7, though: http://docs.python.org/2/using/unix

Thanks for the report, though!  We're more than happy to fix any other
bugs you find in current versions as found on docs.python.org