[docs] [issue16438] Numeric operator predecence confusing

Kiet Tran report at bugs.python.org
Thu Nov 22 03:08:18 CET 2012

Kiet Tran added the comment:

I was trying to fix this, but I ran into a couple questions.

1) Once I put, say, "x + y" and "x - y" into the same table cell, what would a good format be? My preferred format is to have them on separate lines in the cell, but after a lot of googling on the syntax of reST (and trials and errors), I'm still unable to figure out how to do it. Using bullet points would mean I have to align elements in the "Notes" column with the ones in the "Operation" column somehow. Alternatively, I can separate them by comma, but the table would look a bit cluttered.

2) Should the functions abs, int, etc., belong in the same table that's meant to list operators by precedence?

nosy: +ktt3ja