[docs] [issue16528] 3.2 docs not updating on docs.python.org

Chris Jerdonek report at bugs.python.org
Thu Nov 22 18:50:42 CET 2012

Chris Jerdonek added the comment:

> The policy is that only the versions in active maintenance are automatically rebuilt.  3.2 is technically no longer in maintenance, it's just that there are reasons that we are delaying the final release.

Okay, below the devguide says it is still in maintenance.  Should that be changed?

  "There are 6 open branches right now in the Mercurial repository:

   * the default branch holds the future 3.4 version and descends from 3.3
   * the 3.3 branch holds bug fixes for future 3.3.x maintenance releases and descends from 3.2
   * the 3.2 branch holds bug fixes for an upcoming final 3.2.4 maintenance release and then for future 3.2.x security releases
   * the 3.1 branch holds security fixes for future 3.1.x security releases
   ..."

(from http://docs.python.org/devguide/devcycle.html#summary )

Perhaps that was the source of confusion for me.  I was wondering if there was some other policy about when not to rebuild branches still in maintenance mode.  But given that it's not really in maintenance mode any longer, that answers my question.