[docs] [issue16544] Add external link to ast docs

Thomas Kluyver report at bugs.python.org
Sat Nov 24 14:10:40 CET 2012

Thomas Kluyver added the comment:

Thanks, I'm really glad to see that it's useful to others. I don't mind contributing it to Python, but I wonder if it's better to let it develop separately for a few months first - it's still very new, and I can improve it faster in a repository where I can commit to it myself. I'm open to other opinions on that, though.

In the meantime, let me know if there are any specific formats/styles/etc. that I should work towards, to make a later move into the official docs simpler. I have a couple of particular questions:
- The repository includes some utility code for exploring ASTs, as well as longer, runnable versions of the examples in the docs. What would be the best way to preserve these?
- There are some nodes (like AugLoad) that I've yet to find what they actually do, while I've only seen Param in Python 2. Is this an issue?

Of course, you're more than welcome to give a 'see also' link to GTS if we decide not to move it for now.

nosy: +takluyver