[docs] add a "class str" entry to the docs (issue 16209)

ezio.melotti at gmail.com ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 18:04:38 CET 2012

http://bugs.python.org/review/16209/diff/6684/Doc/extending/newtypes.rst
File Doc/extending/newtypes.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/16209/diff/6684/Doc/extending/newtypes.rst#newcode986
Doc/extending/newtypes.rst:986: single: string; object presentation
representation?

http://bugs.python.org/review/16209/diff/6684/Doc/library/functions.rst
File Doc/library/functions.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/16209/diff/6684/Doc/library/functions.rst#newcode1246
Doc/library/functions.rst:1246: See the :class:`str` type for
documentation of ``str()``.
This sounds a bit confusing and redundant to me.
There are two links to textseq with two different texts, two to
:class:`str` (I think that's somewhere near textseq), and ``str`` is
used 4 more times.

I think all this (including the following line) can be summarized to:
Return a :class:`str` version of *object*.
See also the documentation of the :class:`str` type and :ref:`textseq`
for more information about strings.

http://bugs.python.org/review/16209/