[docs] [issue16323] Wrong C API documentation for locale encoding

STINNER Victor report at bugs.python.org
Wed Nov 28 16:00:07 CET 2012

STINNER Victor added the comment:

"If a byte sequence can be decoded as a surrogate character and
*errors* is not ``"strict"``, then the byte sequence is escaped using
the ``"surrogateescape"`` error handler instead of being decoded."

I don't understand this sentence but it sounds to be wrong. The
"surrogateescape" is only used if errors="surrogateescape"...

If errors is set and is different to "strict" and "surrogateescape",
an error is raised.