[docs] missing method

Mike Hoy mike at saguaroscuba.com
Mon Oct 8 09:52:16 CEST 2012

On 10/08/2012 12:03 AM, Mark Summerfield wrote:
>> On 10/06/2012 12:08 AM, Mark Summerfield wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On page:
>>> http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/difflib.html#module-difflib
>>>
>>> class difflib.Differ
>>>
>>> has a compare() method: but it isn't shown.
>>>

>> http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/difflib.html#differ-objects
>>
>> Shows a compare method, is that what you are referring to?
> Yes.

Your original link is to difflib and that sections shows the methods for
difflib. Then when we get to Differ it shows compare which is a method
for Differ. Unless I am misunderstanding something I believe compare is
shown in the correct location on the page.

If compare was a method of difflib like this: differ.compare it should
be shown at the location of difflib, but since it is under Differ it
belongs under Differ.

Please correct me if I am missing something here :)

--
-Mike Hoy