[docs] [issue16227] Change unicode howtos as misleading

Martin v. Löwis report at bugs.python.org
Sun Oct 14 20:54:59 CEST 2012

Martin v. Löwis added the comment:

Ah, I missed that.

I'm skeptical that the proposed change is an improvement - how would the reader know how to find version 1.12 of the document? I'm also skeptical that removal of the note in 2.7 is useful: people finding the document in Google would misunderstand.

My proposal: "This version of the document talks about Unicode support in Python 2.x. See <URL> for the Python 3 version."

versions: +Python 2.7 -Python 3.2, Python 3.3, Python 3.4