[docs] [issue9583] Document startup option/environment interaction

Todd Rovito report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 16 06:13:36 CEST 2012

Todd Rovito added the comment:

Applies to Python 3.4 in development and Python 2.7.  I recently ran into a similar conflict where I was overriding a environment variable with a command line option and didn't realize it.  I first checked the documentation and noticed that it was not clear.  Then I found this bug report and made a patch which is attached.  The patch iterates what Terry Reedy suggested which I thought made the documentation clearer.  This is my first patch to Python I hope it is helpful as Python has served me well over the years.

keywords: +patch
nosy: +Todd.Rovito
versions: +Python 3.4 -Python 3.1, Python 3.2
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file27588/EnvironmentVariables.patch