[docs] [issue16331] Add a version switcher to python docs site

Yury Selivanov report at bugs.python.org
Fri Oct 26 20:03:24 CEST 2012

Yury Selivanov added the comment:

> 1) mapping new/renamed/delete files between versions;
I think that this dropdown is mostly like to be used to switch between somewhat recent python versions, like '3.2' -> '3.3', '2.7' -> '3.3', and not between '2.4' -> '3.4'

And most of the internet links point to plain 'docs.python.org', without version at all.

> 2) making this work while building the docs locally;
I think we need to make this JS dropdown to be off by default; so local users won't notice a thing.