[docs] [issue8040] documentation pages should link to other versions of the same page

Yury Selivanov report at bugs.python.org
Fri Oct 26 23:39:35 CEST 2012

Yury Selivanov added the comment:

> If the issue with patch is closed as duplicate, the patch should be attached to the superseder.

Attached now.  Although, please don't use it.  I'll upload an updated version soon.

> The patch looks awfully long for such a simple option list. (e.g., get_version() is just lambda x: x[:3], no need for a function to do that.)

Well, I've tried to make it readable.  I can uglify it, but it won't save too much.  Right now it's about ~2.5kb.

> Please make it configurable, as indicated. You can add an option recognized by Sphinx in Doc/tools/sphinxext/pyspecific.py, with app.add_config_value.  I will then set it properly in the script that rebuilds the docs on docs.python.org.

Is it OK if I make it configurable via theme config property?
And if not - how to make a config option declared via 'app.add_config_value' accessible in templates?

keywords: +patch
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file27736/py3_version_switch.patch