[docs] [issue16278] os.rename documentation slightly inaccurate

Todd Rovito report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 30 05:33:29 CET 2012

Todd Rovito added the comment:

Over the weekend I verified the test cases are incomplete for Python 3.4.  Inside of Lib/test/test_os.py is a class FileTests that contains a single function test_rename which seems to only check to make sure that the reference count for the first argument is not mis-handeled.  Nothing exists for the use case destination is a directory as described in the original bug.  I will attempt to create suggested test cases but as I am not the most familiar with Python's unit test framework it might take me some time, I estimate as long as 11/6/2012.  If somebody comes along with more experience that can fix the bug please feel free to proceed.