[docs] List Documentation Bugs

Andrew Svetlov andrew.svetlov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:45:39 CET 2012

If you will look into library reference you'll see the docs you need:
http://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#common-sequence-operations for
``.index`` and http://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#list.sort for
``.sort``.
I don't think that advanced use cases should be mentioned in tutorial.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM, David T Pitchford <
david.t.pitchford at seagate.com> wrote:

> I was about to write a C extension for Python's list object allowing the
> use of start and stop indices in its index method and the cmp, key, and
> reverse keywords in its sort method, but I realized from looking at the
> source code that these features are already in place but haven't been
> documented in the Python 2 documentation (
> http://docs.python.org/tutorial/datastructures.html ) or Python 3
> documentation ( http://docs.python.org/py3k/tutorial/datastructures.html ) I
> think this documentation needs to be updated.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> David Pitchford
> GID: 462974