[docs] [issue14783] Make int() and str() docstrings correct

Ezio Melotti report at bugs.python.org
Thu Sep 20 16:36:18 CEST 2012

Ezio Melotti added the comment:

That would be backward incompatible, and there might be some valid (corner) cases to pass it as a keyword.  Since people are usually not supposed to use it as a keyword arg, it doesn't matter much if the name is different if that makes the docs more understandable.  If someone tries to do int(number=10) and gets an error it would likely switch to the simpler int(10).  If he really needs keyword args he can always check the code.

That said, I don't have a strong opinion about this, so if people think that x should be used, it's fine with me.