[docs] [issue15964] SyntaxError in asdl when building 2.7 with system Python 3

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Sat Sep 22 17:20:26 CEST 2012

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

We should be able to add the "make touch" target to the 2.7 Makefile without running afoul of the "no new features" rule.

However, agreed this is mostly a docs problem. We're seeing a couple of common traps that people run into when first getting started, so it will be good to get answers up somewhere where people are likely to look (and where search engines will be able to see the error messages).