[docs] [issue16071] fix link to email.message.Message in mailbox docs

Chris Jerdonek report at bugs.python.org
Fri Sep 28 05:21:28 CEST 2012

New submission from Chris Jerdonek:

> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:28:20 -0700
> To: docs at python.org
> Subject: [docs] Bug in documentation for mailbox module
>
> I think I may have found a minor bug in the documentation for the
> mailbox module, at:
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/mailbox.html
>
> Right at the beginning of section 18.4.2. ("Message objects"), when
> describing the mailbox.Message class, is the following:
>
> "A subclass of the email.Message module?s *Message*. Subclasses of
> mailbox.Message add mailbox-format-specific state and behavior."
>
> The word "Message" indicated above with asterisks is a hyperlink to:
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/mailbox.html#mailbox.Message
>
> I think it should instead link to:
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/email.message.html#email.message.Message

(from: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/docs/2012-September/010520.html )

components: Documentation
keywords: easy
messages: 171403
nosy: barry, chris.jerdonek, docs at python, r.david.murray
stage: needs patch
status: open
title: fix link to email.message.Message in mailbox docs
type: enhancement
versions: Python 2.7