[docs] [issue17674] All examples for concurrent.futures fail with "BrokenProcessPool"

gjwebber report at bugs.python.org
Wed Apr 10 08:34:47 CEST 2013

gjwebber added the comment:

Damn, this was my screw up. It was a combination of two things that threw me off:

1. I was running my (saved) code un-gaurded, but was getting the same error as with the example code. I thought the problem was elsewhere.

2. As it was just example code, I was copy-pasting it into my IDE and running it. This caused the slightly weird looking Traceback that Richard Oudkerk pointed out and the same error message.

After saving and running the standard example, everything worked as expected. After this, I added the 'main' guard to my code and that fixed the problem there.

Sorry about that, looks like there's no problem after all. Tested at home on Win 7 and on my works machine (XP Pro).

Regards,
Gareth

resolution:  -> rejected
status: open -> closed