[docs] path specs in http://docs.python.org/3.2/library/site.html#module-site

Wolfgang Maier wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Apr 11 11:35:21 CEST 2013

Dear all,

the first paragraph of the documentation for the site module states that
site.py constructs four directories using a head and tail part, and that

one of the tail parts would be lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages on UNIX/Mac.

However, in my Python 3.2 installation on Ubuntu 12.04 this is actually
lib/python3/dist-packages (so no .Y and a different subdirectory) !

This is also stated in the module's doc string.

I don't know why the Python documentation says something else, but that
should be fixed.

Thanks,

Wolfgang Maier