[docs] [issue17827] Document codecs.encode and codecs.decode

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Sat Apr 27 17:21:34 CEST 2013

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

This is only the second case I'm aware of where a particularly interesting piece of functionality didn't get mentioned in the appropriate What's New doc. For the other case, the zipfile execution support, we just added it in to the 2.6 What's New long after 2.6 had been released. To this day, most people don't know about that capability, which is why I suggest it's worth handling the current case (codecs.encode and codecs.decode) differently and noting their existence in the next What's New doc that people are likely to read :)