[docs] [issue17866] TestCase.assertItemsEqual exists in 2.7, not in 3.3

Ronald Oussoren report at bugs.python.org
Mon Apr 29 10:33:18 CEST 2013

Ronald Oussoren added the comment:

I do think this should be mentioned in the 2.7 docs, assertDictContainsSubset is mentioned as "deprecated since 3.2" in the 2.7 docs.  The only problem with that is that there doesn't seem to be a "versionremoved" directive in sphinx, the best alternative seems to be deprecated-removed.

I'm not to happy about the removal though, assertCountEqual is not in 2.7 which means it is unnecessarily hard to port tests from 2.7 to 3.3. I also don't quite understand the difference between assertCountEqual and assetItemsEqual, the documentation for the two (in the 3.3 and 2.7 docs) appears to indicate they have the same behavior (both assert that two sequence have the same contents when the order of items is ignored).