[docs] [issue14191] argparse doesn't allow optionals within positionals

paul j3 report at bugs.python.org
Sun Aug 25 04:01:09 CEST 2013

paul j3 added the comment:

Above in
http://bugs.python.org/issue14191#msg187051
I proposed a patch that is quite close to bethard's patch in http://bugs.python.org/issue15112#msg166173

Both modify the same place, doing the same (pop items off arg_counts).  The logic is a little different.  I'd have to look at them more carefully to see whether one is more robust.  Thanks for linking that issue.

The main issue here is different, allowing for complete intermixing of optionals and positionals.  Over at 15112 the issue is intermixing of optionals and 'whole' positionals.  My 187051 patch belongs over there.