[docs] [issue18840] Tutorial recommends pickle module without any warning of insecurity

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Sat Aug 31 01:27:03 CEST 2013

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

> How about we simply add the warning from http://docs.python.org/3/library/pickle.html#module-pickle to the beginning (or end) of the section?

That is one possibility.

> The Official Python Tutorial has always assumed a certain programmer's competence.

Such a person is much more likely to know about and find use for
language independent json than Python-specific pickle. The tutorial was
written before json existed, but if it were written today, json would
seem to me to be the better choice for first exposure to serialization.
If someone cares enough to write a patch, I think it should be considered.