[docs] [issue19910] Document that compile() source may be bytes

Fotis Koutoulakis report at bugs.python.org
Sat Dec 7 01:30:49 CET 2013

Fotis Koutoulakis added the comment:

There we go. I have changed the references to compile(), both in the docstring, and the documentation so that it states clearly that a bytes object is also acceptable as the "source" argument.

I also fixed the docstring to mention explicitly that it can also accept an AST as the "source argument".

Since this is my very first contribution to Python, I welcome all feedback. Thanks for your time.

keywords: +patch
nosy: +Fotis.Koutoulakis
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file33018/issue19910_python.patch