[docs] [issue18576] Rename and document test.script_helper as test.support.script_helper

Fotis Koutoulakis report at bugs.python.org
Mon Dec 9 12:13:13 CET 2013

Fotis Koutoulakis added the comment:

Ok, here is the second (modified patch) which contains a script so that no modifications are required to existing tests.

I am uploading it as a second patch, so that the first one is left as a reference.

As a sidenote, I fail to see convincing reasons for why we would want the second solution more than the first. The first one looks cleaner to my eyes. The only downside I can see to the original approach is breaking a couple of tests, which is something that can be fixed easily without even making it to the repo (running the tests in 2-3 could help find all possible broken tests beforehand).

Could someone explain to me why the second solution is more desirable?

Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file33055/issue_18576_second.patch