[docs] [issue19971] Remove Tulip words from asyncio documentation/code

Vajrasky Kok report at bugs.python.org
Fri Dec 13 10:54:50 CET 2013

New submission from Vajrasky Kok:

I was reading the documentation about asyncio. Here is the introduction paragraph:

Doc/library/asyncio.rst
=======================

This module provides infrastructure for writing single-threaded concurrent
code using coroutines, multiplexing I/O access over sockets and other
resources, running network clients and servers, and other related primitives.
Here is a more detailed list of the package contents:

Then I read it like a novel. Then somewhere out of the blue, the Tulip word shows up.

Doc/library/asyncio-sync.rst
============================

Unlike the standard library :mod:`queue`, you can reliably know this Queue's
   size with :meth:`qsize`, since your single-threaded Tulip application won't
   be interrupted between calling :meth:`qsize` and doing an operation on the
   Queue.

The Tulip word breaks the flow of the story because we never introduce the Tulip word previously. There are two ways to handle this situation:
1. Introduce the Tulip word in the introduction and other parts consistently,
2. Remove the references to Tulip.

I suggest we take option 2 (users of Python 3.4 asyncio stdlib have no reason to know the word Tulip). Here is the patch.

components: Documentation
files: remove_Tulip.patch
keywords: patch
messages: 206036
nosy: docs at python, gvanrossum, vajrasky
title: Remove Tulip words from asyncio documentation/code
type: enhancement
versions: Python 3.4
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file33117/remove_Tulip.patch