[docs] [issue18576] Rename and document test.script_helper as test.support.script_helper

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Wed Dec 18 13:35:02 CET 2013

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

The attached patch just moves the file without leaving an alias behind. It turns out we use this one in a fair few places (mostly for "assert_python_ok").

I'm going to sit on this change for the moment - after reading the docs, it's quite clear that the last couple of functions don't really belong in script_helper, but rather in the pkg_helper module discussed in issue 15376.

So my current plan is to factor that helper out *first*, then when this one lands, the intent of grouping more of the support code that folks working on the test suite might be interested in using together will hopefully be clearer.

dependencies: +Refactor the test_runpy walk_package support code into a common location
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file33188/issue18576_move_and_document_script_helper.diff