[docs] Environment Variable Documentation Clarification Needed

Jeff Bradley jbradley5000 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 09:20:18 CET 2013

On this page: http://docs.python.org/2/using/windows.html#setting-envvars

the instructions mention a pythonpath environment variable (which led me to
believe I need to create that environment variable).  I wasn't able to get
this to work.  What did work was adding the following to the end of the
existing Path variable:
;C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts\

Once I closed and reopened command prompt, windows recognized the python
command.

The path variable is mentioned here: http://docs.python.org/2/faq/windows,
however I would suggest editing the faq page to say, "Add the following to
the end of the PATH environment variable:
;C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts\".

This is the page that clarified the steps I needed to take to get the
environment variable set correctly:
http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/starting/install/win/