[docs] [issue17221] Resort Misc/NEWS

Ned Deily report at bugs.python.org
Mon Feb 18 05:18:29 CET 2013

Ned Deily added the comment:

kbk has requested in the past that IDLE News items be put in Lib/idlelib/News.txt because it is installed with IDLE and there is a button to display it included in the "About IDLE" window.  I know we've not been diligent about doing that, at least, I haven't.  I suppose the items could continue to be put in Misc/NEWS and, prior to each release, copied into the News.txt.  That step could be added to the release manager's checklist.  But, if there are IDLE items in Misc/NEWS, whether duplicated or not, I agree it would be better to have them in their own section.

nosy: +ned.deily