[docs] [issue17279] Document which named built-in classes can be subclassed

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Sun Feb 24 03:25:07 CET 2013

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

The list given is for 3.3. 3.2 and 2.7 do not have SimpleNamespace. I do not have and currently cannot build 3.4 to test, but as of this moment, I expect it to be the same. In 2.7, range is xrange. Its types module includes aliases for builtins, such as IntType, so "Among classes that do not have built-in names" would need to be prefixed.

I simple sentence for types should be easy to place. I am not sure about the built-ins list. The bool entry already has "Class bool cannot be subclassed further. Its only instances are False and True (see Boolean Values).", so a general list would be repeating that part. I am thinking of a minimal sentence for the other three entries. "This class cannot be subclassed."