[docs] [issue11367] xml.etree.ElementTree.find(all): docs are wrong

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Tue Feb 26 14:32:43 CET 2013

Eli Bendersky added the comment:

Henrik. Yes, I think the change in 3.3 was intentional in order to avoid duplication that can be a source of errors. If ET.find() does exactly what ET.getroot().find() does, it suffices to mention it with a link. Since Element docs come first and arguably Element's methods are much more widely used, I think it's a good tradeoff. Any duplication is yet another place to remember fixing when problems in the documentation are discovered (like the original problem leading to this issue).

So for consistency you can make all methods point to Element's methods (just backport 3.3's version, but please verify that the code behavior is indeed as documented in earlier versions).