[docs] [issue12103] Document how to use open with os.O_CLOEXEC

STINNER Victor report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jan 3 16:33:43 CET 2013

STINNER Victor added the comment:

> x      Open the file exclusively (like the O_EXCL flag of open(2)).
>  If the  file  already exists, fopen() fails, and sets errno to EEXIST.
> This flag is ignored for fdopen().

Python 3.3 adds support for this mode: see issue #12760.

> e (since glibc 2.7)
>       Open  the  file  with  the O_CLOEXEC flag.  See open(2) for more information.

I created the issue #16850 for this mode.

--

Other modes seem to be very specific to some platforms. I don't think that it would be possible to expose them in a portable way using the open() function directly.

Can we close this issue? I prefer to work on #16850 for the close-on-exec mode.