[docs] [issue16884] logging handler automatically added starting in 3.2+

Chris Jerdonek report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jan 7 12:34:53 CET 2013

New submission from Chris Jerdonek:

Starting in 3.2, the logging module no longer outputs the following message when logging and no handlers are configured for the root logger:

    log = logging.getLogger()
    log.error('test')

'No handlers could be found for logger "root"'

However, I can't seem to find any version-changed about this in the docs.  The code change may be from this commit: c86dc2bd3ae8

Incidentally, I also noticed that three logging paragraphs begin with "PLEASE NOTE:"  Those should probably be changed to ".. note::" etc.

components: Documentation
keywords: easy
messages: 179257
nosy: chris.jerdonek, docs at python, vinay.sajip
title: logging handler automatically added starting in 3.2+
type: behavior
versions: Python 3.2, Python 3.3, Python 3.4