[docs] izip not documented in Py3

Juergen Novak juergen.lindemeyer at gmx.net
Sat Jul 6 17:33:14 CEST 2013

Hi there,

today I was stumpling over a nice video of Raymond Hettinger. He also
described izip, which I did not knew before. So I looked into the
documentation and did not find it, because it was in 2.x in itertools
and in 3.x it is a builtin.

But it is not documented as a builtin in 3.x -- either it is not
documented in 3.x itertools (what is correct, since it can not be
imported from there anymore, I guess).

I only did find it in 3.x documentation in a little doc about the
conversion tool, stating that imports of izip are removed.

So essentially, izip is *not* documented at all in Py3.

There also might be missing some others that where moved from itertools
to builtin, like imap. Did not check it.

Best Regards,

/juergen