[docs] [issue18177] Typo in Documents

A.M. Kuchling report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jun 10 16:26:02 CEST 2013

A.M. Kuchling added the comment:

Confirmed.  I think this is a general typographic issue in the PDF documentation.  If I cut-and-paste the datetime.isoformat(sep='T') line from the PDF, the single quotes are pasted as U+2019 RIGHT SINGLE QUOTE.

Looking at the library.tex file built by "make pdflatex", it contains the ASCII single quotes, so LaTeX is responsible for turning the quotes into smart quotes.

I don't know if this is worth fixing and can see arguments both ways.  The smart quotes are readable and I doubt a reader will be confused and try to actually type them in their source code.  OTOH it's annoying that cut-and-pasting code from the PDFs won't work.

nosy: +akuchling