[docs] [issue18176] Builtins documentation refers to old version of UCD.

Alexander Belopolsky report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jun 16 19:38:42 CEST 2013

Alexander Belopolsky added the comment:

Here is what grep revealed:

$ find Doc -name \*.rst | xargs grep -n '6\.2\.0'
Doc/library/stdtypes.rst:357:   See http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.2.0/ucd/extracted/DerivedNumericType.txt
Doc/library/unicodedata.rst:18:this database is compiled from the `UCD version 6.2.0
Doc/library/unicodedata.rst:19:<http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.2.0/ucd>`_.
Doc/library/unicodedata.rst:169:.. [#] http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.2.0/ucd/NameAliases.txt
Doc/library/unicodedata.rst:171:.. [#] http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.2.0/ucd/NamedSequences.txt

I added a note next to UNIDATA_VERSION = "6.2.0" in makeunicodedata.py script. The makeunicodedata.py would be a place to put code that would update the docs automatically, but with only two affected files I don't think this is worth the effort.  Chances are at least unicodedata.rst will benefit from a manual review to reflect any substantive changes in the UCD.