[docs] Multiprocessing module example problem

Bo Bayles bbayles at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 01:02:41 CET 2013

I noticed that the "A test of `multiprocessing.Pool` class" at
(http://docs.python.org/3/library/multiprocessing.html#examples)
doesn't seem to work as expected.

I'm using Python 3.3 on Windows. I saved the example and ran it. It
gives the correct output until the "Testing callback" section. The
map_async function doesn't seem to be written properly.

I was confused about why the program I was writing didn't work until I
realized the example might be wrong.

If I can figure out a workaround I will write back, but otherwise I
hope the example can be fixed by someone smarter than me.

Thanks,
-Bo

Testing callback:
        *** callbacks failed
                [56] != [56, 0, 1, 8, 27, 64, 125, 216, 343, 512, 729]