[docs] Global variables at the interpreter level?

Michael Rothstein rothstei at cs.kent.edu
Mon Nov 11 18:36:17 CET 2013

There seems to be a total disconnect between interpreter level variables and
global variables. Is that correct? The attached code illustrates the issue:
the global count changes values, but the interpreter level count remains
steadfastly at 0. Also, it does not reset to 0 if I set:
count = 0
at the interpreter level.
Is this a bug or a feature, or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the help!
Michael Rothstein
Michael Rothstein Ph D                | Office (at 268 MSB)  (330)-672-9065
Dept. of Computer Science             | Fax:    (330)-672-0737
Kent State University                 | Email:  rothstei at cs.kent.edu
PO Box 5190                           | http://www.cs.kent.edu/~rothstei
Kent, OH 44242-0001                   |