[docs] [issue19270] Document that sched.cancel() doesn't distinguish equal events and can break order

Serhiy Storchaka report at bugs.python.org
Mon Oct 21 17:04:59 CEST 2013

Serhiy Storchaka added the comment:

Well. In any case I have no ideas how fix it. Any behavior change will break existing code.

I requalify this issue as documentation enhancement. The documentation should specify that evens scheduled on same tame with same priority considered equal. That cancel() doesn't distinguish equal events and can cancel arbitrary of them. That cancel() doesn't preserve order of equal events.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation -Library (Lib)
keywords: +easy
nosy: +docs at python
title: sched.cancel() breaks events order -> Document that sched.cancel() doesn't distinguish equal events and can break order
type: behavior -> enhancement
versions: +Python 2.7, Python 3.3