[docs] [issue19441] itertools.tee improve documentation

Alan Cristhian report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 29 23:55:33 CET 2013

New submission from Alan Cristhian:

I had some problems using itertools.tee function. Fortunately I found the following advice on the PEP-323:

"Currently, the copied iterators remaintied to the original iterator. If the original advances, then so do all of the copies. Good practice is to overwrite the original So THAT anamolies do result: a, b = t (a)."

I believe that such advice should be in the documentation as well:

"Currently, the copied iterators remaintied to the original iterator. If the original advances, then so do all of the copies and vice versa. Good practice is to overwrite the original So THAT anamolies do result: a, b = t (a ). "

Note that I added "and vice versa".

components: Documentation
messages: 201693
nosy: Alan.Cristhian, docs at python
title: itertools.tee improve documentation
type: enhancement
versions: Python 3.3