[docs] [issue12704] Language Reference: Clarify behaviour of yield when generator is not resumed

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Thu Sep 5 17:57:57 CEST 2013

Eli Bendersky added the comment:

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Nikolaus Rath <report at bugs.python.org>wrote:

> Nikolaus Rath added the comment:
>
> On 09/04/2013 06:03 AM, Eli Bendersky wrote:
> > Why guess... did you try it in the code?
>
> I don't follow... why guess what? And try what in code?

I was referring to this part of the original report:

"""
This strongly suggests that the last-executed yield statement will raise an
exception if the generator is closed. If this is the case, it would be
great if the documentation could be extended to say what exception is
raised.

If this is not the case, it would be great if whatever magic is happening
could be documented as well.
"""

If this is the case, if this is not the case... I was just saying that you
can provide some sample code in the issue that demonstrates what *actually*
happens and whether it's not explained well enough in the documentation.