[docs] [issue12704] Language Reference: Clarify behaviour of yield when generator is not resumed

Nikolaus Rath report at bugs.python.org
Sun Sep 8 23:24:44 CEST 2013

Nikolaus Rath added the comment:

I've attached an updated patch.

I agree with Tim that the docs on the yield expression are already very good, so instead of extending the yield statement documentation I have shortened it to instead reduce the overlap that already exists.

In the yield expression documentation, I have replaced :keyword:`yield` with an un-tagged "yield" (because the former results in a link to the yield statement) and added '.. or yield statement' to the parts that apply to both yield expressions and statements.

I have also added hyperlinks to the relevant descriptions of the generator methods.

Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file31688/yield-docpatch.diff