[docs] [issue21376] asyncio docs refer to wrong TimeoutError

Guido van Rossum report at bugs.python.org
Mon Apr 28 21:26:12 CEST 2014

Guido van Rossum added the comment:

I considered this, and decided against unifying the two TimeoutErrors.

First the builtin TimeoutError is specifically a subclass of OSError representing the case where errno is ETIMEDOUT.  But asyncio.TimeoutError means nothing of the sort.

Second, the precedent is concurrent.futures.TimeoutError. The asyncio one is used under the same conditions as that one.

I think we should just update the links in the docs to be correct.