[docs] [issue15125] argparse: positional arguments containing - in name not handled well

Keith Hughitt report at bugs.python.org
Sat Aug 23 15:03:01 CEST 2014

Keith Hughitt added the comment:

Although it would be nice if the behavior were normalized between positional and optional args, it seems like doc patch would be the most straight-forward at this point. The down-side is that I suspect many people will assume the behavior for optional args, have it fail, and then consults the docs to see what happened.

I would suggest making the note pretty obvious or early on in the docs for argparse.