[docs] [issue23054] ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', BadStatusLine(""''''"))

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Tue Dec 16 21:11:17 CET 2014

R. David Murray added the comment:

I wonder the actual error reported in that issue has any relationship to issue 15082?

In any case, the error being presented to requests is *accurate*: httplib tried to read the status line and got nothing (the actual text in the linked issue is BadStatusLine("''")).  (Note that issue 7427 was where we fixed the repr, if you are curious).

I see that requests would like "a better error message".  Is there a concrete suggestion for what that better error message would look like?