[docs] [issue19871] json module won't parse a float that starts with a decimal point

Ezio Melotti report at bugs.python.org
Mon Feb 10 09:10:04 CET 2014

Ezio Melotti added the comment:

I missed this comment from Serhiy:

> There are too many cases where json and Python syntax differ.

How many differences there are between the two?
I think we might add notes to the table at http://docs.python.org/3/library/json.html#encoders-and-decoders (either something similar to the notes in the table at http://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#mutable-sequence-types, or just a couple of lines in a third column).  If there are too many differences and we follow the specs we can just add a note saying that the decoding is done according to the specs, add a link to them, and mention a few examples that are valid in Python but not in JSON (like Serhiy did in his message).

keywords: +easy
nosy: +terry.reedy