[docs] [issue20610] Documentation with two slashes in URL links to v2.6.5c2

Daniel Ellis report at bugs.python.org
Wed Feb 12 15:55:47 CET 2014

New submission from Daniel Ellis:

I was searching for the documentation for itertools via Google and was sent here:

    http://www.python.org/doc//current/library/itertools.html

After glancing at the upper-left hand corner, I wondered why Google was sending people to the 2.6 documentation, and a release candidate at that.  After checking out the URL, it became obvious that there's an issue somewhere in the Python docs that is causing this.

Quite a bizarre and obscure bug, but probably should be fixed since a major search engine is passing front-page search traffic there.

components: Documentation
messages: 211094
nosy: Daniel.Ellis, docs at python
title: Documentation with two slashes in URL links to v2.6.5c2
versions: Python 2.7