[docs] [issue20199] status of module_for_loader and utils._module_to_load

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Thu Feb 13 05:14:45 CET 2014

R. David Murray added the comment:

Here is another one:

There's a news entry for the introduction of importlib.abc.Loader.init_module_attrs, but no news entry for its removal (but it is gone).  There is still a whatsnew entry that mentions it.

IMO there should be a NEWS entry that mentions the removal, since there is one that mentions the add.  Similarly for module_to_load.

Based on the deprecation warning in the module_for_loader code, I'm changing the whatsnew entry for its deprecation to the same text (that the import system handles it automatically) and referencing the pep 451 entry.  I get the impression from that entry that there are quite a few more importlib methods and functions that need to be listed there as deprecated.